Thursday, January 8, 2009

Sox and the Single Guy

I'm not sure what the world record for single socks is, but I have to be a contender. I must have 25....or 35.....or 45.

See, it's hard for me to tell. I hang on to all of 'em, convinced their partners are around...here.....somewhere. They have to be. I can't imagine where they got off to.

I can't bring myself to toss any of 'em, because I want to believe I'll find the second sock for each of 'em.

Well, not each of 'em. Probably not even most of 'em. But some of them? Yeah. Because the fact is, several times the second sock has resurfaced....so I don't give up hope.

But that translates into what seems to be dozens of single socks.....waiting to be reunited with their partners. Talk about a hopeless romantic......

Or, actually, just someone who doesn't want to waste socks unnecessarily. I guess that's my farming roots surfacing: everything has value, even if how it can best be used isn't immediately apparent.

That can make for crowded spaces, though......

2 comments:

  1. oooh... you could have a sock puppet parade!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Time to make sock monkeys and donate them to charity. Then they won't be lonely anymore...they would of be "adopted" by a child.

    ReplyDelete