Saturday, April 25, 2009

Sounds from a road trip

I tossed a CD case into the company car for my road trip to Norman, not really sure what was in there since I hadn't opened it for many months.

I unzipped it at a rest stop to find some music to listen to for the drive, and smiled at the array of tunes. It brought to mind the baffled look on a clerk's face at Barnes & Noble when I plopped several CDs in front of her one night.

"You certainly have eclectic tastes in music," she offered diplomatically.

My CD case echoed that: "Super Groups of the '70s." Mozart. The Eagles. The Beach Boys. Jim Brickman. Wyndham Hill piano instrumentals. Beethoven. Mahler. The Doobie Brothers. Phil Collins. The Chieftains. James Taylor.

Hmmmm.....looking at that list, the CD case could be subtitled "Oldies."

No comments:

Post a Comment