Monday, May 14, 2012

Delirium, thy home is Manchester

In the most incredible late twist I've ever seen in a major sporting event, Manchester City scored two goals in the last 5 minutes to win a match that gave them their first championship in English soccer in 44 years.

Manchester City had to match hated cross-city rival Manchester United's result to win the title on goal difference, and United defeated Sunderland 1-0. In fact, when the final whistle blew for United's match, the Red Devils were poised to be crowned champions - for the 20th time.

And then this happened:



Manchester City swept both matches against United this season and were consistently the better team throughout...so the right team won it.

It's all the sweeter for me because I'd adopted ManCity as one of my favorite teams in England several years ago when I first began paying attention thanks to storm chasing friends I made who live in the U.K. Thanks to new (and insanely wealthy) owners, they've been able to assemble an impressive squad that has shifted the tide of power in Manchester...and England.

If you want to see it in English, here you go.


No comments:

Post a Comment