Tuesday, June 28, 2011

How Do I Learn God's Will for my Life?

It's a natural question for those who believe in God and want to live a life consistent with His teachings. I know I consistently seek God's will for my life. Not just my vocation, but His will in almost every choice of consequence.

No....not what to have for lunch. Or whether I should go to bed at 10 or 11.

But I have sought His will on whether to pursue writing opportunities or whether to pursue certain relationships (or end them); and, of course, whether to take various jobs that presented themselves. To me, it's a natural extension - nay, a fundamental part - of living a faith-centered life.

It's not political (no matter what some talking heads may say), nor is it an afterthought. It's part and parcel of my decision-making process. I came across this blogpost on how to discern God's will while coming to a decision or while enduring challenges in life. It is compelling reading, so I thought I would share it.

No comments:

Post a Comment