Sunday, March 27, 2011

No matter what the temperature........

.........as far as I'm concerned, spring arrives with the words "Play ball!"

Which means spring arrives Friday, with the opening of baseball season. Only a fool would think my beloved Cleveland Indians will compete for anything beyond avoiding the basement in the A.L. Central this season, but I still love baseball. The Tribe has a number of young players who are showing signs of blossoming, but it'll be a year or two before they contend for the division title.

I expect the Royals to surge past them next year if all of KC's young talent emerges as anticipated. It could flip the division upside down.

My picks for the World Series? Philadelphia and Boston, with the Red Sox taking it all. I hope I'm wrong, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment