Thursday, August 6, 2009

"There's a fly in my water glass"

I was using a straw to dunk a lemon slice into my just-delivered glass of water at Outback last night when my friend Mary reached out and grabbed my arm.

"Don't."
"What?"
"Don't. Don't. Don't."

I thought she had something against lemon in water.

"There's a fly in there."

I turned the glass, and sure enough, she was right. I think it was doing the backstroke, trying to get to the surface again after my jostling of the ice cubes had shoved it under water.

Ugh.

Needless to say, we flagged down the waiter and they brought me a new glass of water without any visible surprises in it. The manager came over a little later to say my meal was free and they were terribly sorry about the mishap.

Not as sorry as I would have been had I taken a sip before I noticed our unwelcome guest.

No comments:

Post a Comment