Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Time to join the party

November is National Novel Writing Month around the nation, during which writers strive to write a book within the next 30 days.

I've never officially taken part in the venture, simply because my job has always been so demanding that I couldn't promise to have much time to devote to writing a book.

But I'm going to dip my toes in the water this year just to see how it goes. I won't vow to start and finish a novel or write a minimum number of words each day. I'll just work on either SHATTERED RHYMES, the novel I'm currently writing, or see if the muse wants to get started on something else.

After all, I have a half-dozen novels waiting their turn - and the muse is even stirring some on a potential sequel to FALLEN TREES (which would be good news for all the readers who have been demanding one).

It may seem a folly to throw together a novel in 30 days, but as this story shows, some really good work has been produced. Yes, I was surprised, too.


No comments:

Post a Comment