Sunday, September 11, 2011

My NFL picks

The NFL season got under way Thursday, and hit full stride today. I haven't been as eager as many, perhaps because my Denver Broncos are deep in the throes of recovering from the dreadful McDaniels era.

Or it may simply be that I realize football isn't that important in the grand scheme of things.

After all, opening weekend falls on the 10th anniversary of 9/11.

But I've made pigskin prognostications for most of my life, so there's no reason to stop now. A strike wiped out the off-season and even early training camps, so there's even more unpredictability than normal as the 2011 season gets under way.

That means my chances of looking dumb with these picks are even better!


AFC

East
1. New England
2. Jets
3. Miami
4. Buffalo

North
1. Pittsburgh
2. Baltimore
3. Cleveland
4. Cincinnati

South
1. Houston
2. Indianapolis
3. Tennessee
4. Jacksonville

West
1. San Diego
2. Kansas City
3. Denver
4. Oakland

NFC

East
1. Philadelphia
2. Dallas
3. Giants
4. Washington

North
1. Green Bay
2. Chicago
3. Minnesota
4. Detroit

South
1. New Orleans
2. Atlanta
3. Tampa Bay
4. Carolina

West
1. St. Louis
2. Arizona
3. San Francisco
4. Seattle

Wild Cards
AFC: Jets, Baltimore
NFC: Atlanta, Dallas
Super Bowl: New England vs. Green Bay
Champion: Green Bay

No comments:

Post a Comment